Sunday 24 October 2010

Top Gun 2 Movie - Top Gun Sequel

Top Gun Movie Sequel - Top Gun 2Fans of Top Gun have been longing for a sequel since quite a long. Well, it seems the wait will soon be over: Paramount is planning indeed to develop a movie sequel to Top Gun. Director Tony Scott, who helmed the first film, has been called back to direct Top Gun 2. Actor Tom Cruise who played the role of Maverick said he'd be interested in showing up for some sort of cameo or to play a supporting role, but not to play the lead role. Scriptwriter Christopher McQuarrie (Usual Suspects, Valkyrie) has been hired to pen the script of Top Gun 2.

Here below a few words from Director Tony Scott about the movie Top Gun 2:

"I'm not waiting for a script by Christopher McQuarrie. I'm going to do my homework. I'm going down to Fallon, Nevada, it's a whole different world now. These computer geeks -- these kids play war games in a trailer in Fallon, Nevada and if we ever went to war or were in the Middle East or the Far East or wherever it is, these guys can actually fly drones. They are unmanned aircraft. They operate them and then they party all night.
[...]
They operate these drones like it's war games, but it's for real. This world fascinated me, because it's so different from what it was originally. But, I don't want to do a remake. I don't want to do a reinvention. I want to do a new movie."
Director Tony Scott

Sounds like Top Gun 2 will involve drone pilots and how the old jet-fighter pilots fit in the new military paradigm. Well, I kind of like this angle. I doubt it will as thrilling and epic as the first film, but Top Gun 2 will still make for a really interesting sequel and will shed light on the latest warfare technologies and how the military use them.

Here's a CNN video about those armchair pilots who strike by remote control:


More information about the movie Top Gun 2 soon!
:)

0 comments: